Wednesday 28 October 2015

Rooney 30 won't hurt


Wayne is refusing to get shirty about becoming 30 years-old on Saturday. Ahead of tonight's game against CSKA Moscow the Manchester United scupper said:"I physically feel great, it's still fairly young and I feel I have a lot of years ahead of me. "I've had no major muscle injuries." Rooney, whose birthday is a day before the Manchester derby, he also said " players in the past have known when it's time to hang the boots up and I am no where near that peack of my career yet and I feel fitter and fresher than ever. Wayne Rooney is going back to the city of his greatest night with Manchester United ready to hit those heights again. The England skipper went to Moscow in 2008 watched his team mates win on penalty shoot out with Chelsea. He was subbed that night but it never stopped him celebrating the only champions league medal of his career. Seven years on and Rooney is one of the old stagers telling the youngsters how it feels to lift the European club football's biggest prize. Looking back on his memories. He said "I've been involved in a couple of penalty shot outs but it was worse watching it rather than takeing part.

No comments:

Post a Comment